Let's Get This Started
My name is Lise, and I am your fearless leader! I started Toned and Tough Fitness out of a passion to help badass women take control of their fitness and nutrition with a no muss, no fuss approach.
Too often, I see fitness and nutrition being broken down into overly simplistic ideas, shoulds, and easy fixes.
And I can see the appeal of these, especially when you are first starting out. You are in more of a vulnerable state and want to lose weight, look amazing, and live the quality of life you wanted yesterday.
I'm also assuming that most of you have already tried one or more of the following:
- Fad diets
- Detox teas
- Weird looking exercise equipment
- Personal trainers/ training
- Group fitness
- Various apps (i.e. MyFitnessPal, Runkeeper, etc.)
- Weight Loss programs (Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc.)
While those are a start, they all miss key elements of:
- Not helping you understand why you are doing what you are doing
- Not helping you build the skills needed to create long-lasting changes
- Assuming that you live in a bubble and will be able to control any that come your way (COVID was a major curveball for everyone).
My mission here is to work with people in a one-on-one capacity to help build skills that you can take which are related to your life (and not some ideal that someone else puts out there which does not match your reality). I do this through using behaviour change methods typically seen in counsellor/ therapist sessions (think of me more as a fitness and nutrition counsellor, rather than a trainer).
I'm super excited to begin this journey with all of you and cannot wait to see the progress that all of you are capable of achieving.
Let's Do This!